Saturday, April 23, 2016

3 years down the road

So, as I was consolidating all my online blogs to create a single site for all my hobbies and flights of fancies, I stumbled upon this ancient creation of mine (yes, a 3 year blog for me is a milestone).

Surprisingly, some posts have more than 100 reads! I know it is rather minuscule by the sort of following bloggers have these days, but I'm not even sure 100 people read my published articles much less something I wrote without readers being forced to read it just because they happen to read X, Y, Z newspaper/magazine.

Anyhow, in 2013, I wrote this:
I have no drawer at home so here's my list of to-dos before Dec 31, 2013:1. Run a 10km marathon in under 1 hour2. Exercise and meditate every day3. Monthly day/weekend trips to all states in Peninsula Malaysia4. Contribute an article to an international publication
I have achieved number 4 so far. Number 1 and number 2 is work in progress, and number 3 is logistically impossible now. It is 2016 and I'm at 1 hr 20 mins for 10km (it was 1:45 - 2:00 back then)

It strikes me how long some goals can take. But I'm happy to say that I'm still working on 1 and 2.

Soon I will have a site to document all my flights of fancy, because in hindsight they not as frivolous as I thought they were.

Like the time I helped an IT guy revive his boss' old iPhone in winter because I just revived mine. Apparently iPhones hate the cold too (https://www.getorchard.com/blog/iphone-battery-dies-in-cold-weather/). What you have to do is give it some warmth with your hair dryer.

And the time I used vinegar to clear the recurring mold underneath my desk. All the computer tricks used to remove formatting, copy and paste, Excel hacks, etc etc.

And so, I'll be migrating this blog soon, and will provide a link in my last post. Will leave this here for future reading, but am excited for what lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment