Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to stress-free writing

You can relax at the bus stop here
Photo courtesy of geograph.org.uk, downloaded from Wikimedia Commons
I'm back. Well, for many of you I am finally here.

Truth is, I have tried, many many times, to keep a blog that I would keep alive for more than a year. Write about something. Life, work (which due to many reasons I could not share explicit details), interests.

But it never happened. Somehow, somewhere along the lines of a birthday, a 31st December, or a new state of mind, I would delete whatever I have written for the past year or so and start afresh.

Anyhow, this post (specifically, item 11 - which inspires the name of this blog) reminded me that sometimes it pays to remember good times in an environment where there is so much negativity. If you think kopitiam stories about crime, corruption, and general nastiness are bad, try to imagine yourself in the shoes of people whose job is getting the story first-hand.

So, have mercy on people in the media. If you think what you get these days is crap, spare some kind thoughts for the crap filter.

To good memories. :) 
Wen

PS: I was told that I sound tired in this post. Maybe I was. But I'm feeling rejuvenated again and will be back to my chirpier self when I write about the holiday that was absolutely my best so far --> Pulau Perhentian. 

1 comment: